South Indian Pork Curry, Pahnn-Dhi Curry from Coorg
Pahnn-Dhi Curry is a dish from Coorg region of Karnataka, the south indian pork curry.
It’s dark pork gravy that is clearly a feast to the taste buds, Rather than the usual veggie oil, use sesame oil because of this preparation that may give it the aroma that comes directly from Coorg region of Karnataka.
All you have to is good quality pork with excessive fat as fat is exactly what helps give this dish it’s amazing flavour combined with the wealthy flavour of the spices.
Sadly some elements just don’t possess a suitable alternative.
Ingredients for Pork Curry Recipe:
- 1 kg pork with fat and skin, cut into cubes
- 10 fat cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 Inch ginger finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilies (deseeded if required) finely chopped
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1 big onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric power
- 1 cup of water
- Little oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2-3/4th tablespoon Kachampuli (adjust to taste)
See also: Promoting Healthy Diet For The Kids
For the spice mix (to be dry roasted one by one and powdered)
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon/cassia bark
- 5-6 cloves
- 10-15 peppercorns
- 1-1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 10-12 methi/fenugreek seeds (don’t add too much or it will lend a bitter flavour)
- 10-15 curry leaves (optional but recommended)
See also: Delicious Dishes For Finicky Eaters
Steps to make Pahnn Dhi Curry [coorg pork curry]
- Make the beef with garlic, renewable chilies, curry leaves, onions, red chili natural powder, turmeric natural powder, little oil, drinking water and sodium till it is sensitive (Slow baking the meat is preferred, yet, in order to save lots of time it can even be pressure prepared for only 2-3 whistles depending on quality of meats used)
- Add the spice blend to the prepared meat. You might put in a little olive oil but it’s optional as you will see enough unwanted fat released from the beef. Cook on the slow heat for approximately 5-10 minutes till water evaporate, system, Drawing, bitmap separates and the spices have blended well with the meat.
- Execute a quick flavour check – add Kachampuli and much more sodium if required.
- Remove from high temperature and provide hot with Coorgi grain rottis or neer dosa or grain.
Notes for the south indian pork curry recipe, Pahnn-Dhi Curry (Pork Curry):
- Kachampuli or Coorgi vinegar comes from a super fruit called as Kudampuli in Malayalam and Gambooge/Malabar Tamarind/Garcinia Cambogia in British. Unless you have kachampuli you might swap it with similar quantity of dense tamarind drink or lime drink.
- To increase the task somewhat we can pressure prepared the pork. However, slow-moving food preparation is the safest gamble when you yourself have no idea about the quality/tenderness of the meats.
Love eating Mutton try The Chha Gosht another of Himachali delicacy